Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pilates Method Alliance Conference 2010

I just returned from the 10th Annual Pilates Method Alliance Conference in Long Beach, CA. I am exhausted, motivated, inspired and overwhelmed. It was 3 days of great networking, friendship building, learning, shopping, and trying out new up and coming things in the Pilates industry.

Some of my highlights were Julian Littleford's The Magic of the Mat to the Chair, Rachel Taylor Segel's Joe's "Extra Muscles" Accessing the Internal Shower Through the Equipment, and Jillian Hessel's Mat Class.

I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with Twitter friends for a Tweet & Meet at District Wine Bar in Long Beach. Such a fabulous community of instructors  that are knowledgeable, supportive, and have become wonderful friends.

Balanced Body's Orbit
In addition to the workshops and classes I was able to try out some really cool equipment. Balanced Body has been working hard and has some great new additions coming out. (Stay tuned for a future blog on a really cool piece of equipment from them that I just adored). Their Orbits, Core Align, and Arcs were a big hit. Their new Rocker drew quite the crowd as well (more to come on that). Balanced Body has also teamed up with The Pilates Center of Boulder (TPC) to make a specific line for them and their classical style. Their prototype is 99% done. I had the chance to view and explore a little and was not disappointed. A lot of great changes were made to suit TPC and I am sure that it is going to be a win/win relationship for both parties. ActivCore's booth was rocking demonstrating the Red Cords equipment and workouts. I bought a RedCord Mini Plus and am so excited for it to arrive so I can start playing. The ToeSox booth was jamming. Attendees couldn't get enough of these wonderful sticky, toe separating socks in colorful patterns. These were spotted all over the Convention center. Green Apple Clothing was another big hit. With their eco friendly, cute, and affordable clothing line. I would be surprised if they had any stock left at the end of the Conference.

All in all it was a great conference and I look forward to sharing with you my insights and thoughts over the next few blogs. If you attended the conference, please comment below on what some of your favorite things were.

No comments:

Post a Comment