Saturday, March 5, 2011

You're only as old as you feel

"True age lies not in years or how you think you feel, but in how you actually are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life. If your spine is incredibly stiff at 30, you are old. If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young." - Joseph H. Pilates (Return to Life Through Contrology)
Another year has come and gone and I find it hard to believe that I am nearing my 40's. I'm turning 37, to be exact, although even I had to do the math the other day to be sure that was in fact my age. With the years has come much knowledge and experiences, however I truly feel like a 20 year old still in my body. I still move through my days with vim and vigor and don't see my impending age limiting me in any way. I also don't feel the time clock ticking to achieve certain things in a particular time as I did in my earlier years. When it's right, it will be right.


I feel very fortunate to have been exposed to health and fitness from such a young age. To continue to learn and explore new and old methods. I listen to my body in a more profound way now than when I was younger. I choose to nuture, nourish, pamper, treat, and feed my body and soul physically and mentally every day. I thrive on my passion for teaching and am inspired daily by my teachers, peers, and students. So today on my birthday, I celebrate life in all its glory. I lift my arms to salute the sun in the morning and backbend opening my heart to grace with gratitude for my flexible, mobile, efficient, and youthful spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment